Author Topic: The right shoes for the right exercise  (Read 102 times)

Offline Pieter Heydenrych

• Administrator
  • Life Change Coach
    • View Profile
    • Life Change - From A Blimp To A Racecar
The right shoes for the right exercise
« on: March 28, 2017, 07:32:57 PM »
Surviving several years of high intensity workouts one of the most critical pieces of equipment for me have proven to be the right pair of shoes. It is amazing how really small things can make  dramatic differences to comfort and for avoiding injury.  Here are some important things I needed to pay attention too :

- Arch support;
- Stability sideways and front to back
- Weight of the shoes
- Heel to toe ratio
- Amount of padding and cushioning (impact protection)

The importance for me was highlighted when a 2 mm change in the toe to heel ratio in my shoes  meant the difference between having issues with my Achilles tendons and not. 

When you buy shoes it is very important that you find a store that has the right expertise.  An associate that knows about these things would probably save you significant pain and discomfort.  A store that has a better range of shoes for you to try may prove essential.

Depending on usage you also have to remember that shoes have a very limited lifespan.  I suggest that you pay attention to that.  I am lucky if I get 4 months out of a pair.

Good luck
Personal Trainer and Life Change Coach, get my book From A Blimp To A Racecar.  Check out my blog at From A Blimp To A Racecar.  Follow me on  Twitter