Author Topic: Protein Bars Safe for Peanut Allergies?  (Read 145 times)

Offline Pieter Heydenrych

• Administrator
  • Life Change Coach
    • View Profile
    • Life Change - From A Blimp To A Racecar
Protein Bars Safe for Peanut Allergies?
« on: March 29, 2017, 01:45:05 PM »
I have a very close friend who has severe peanut allergies (Epipen severe).  It also seems that there is nothing available that even remotely seems like a protein bar that does not contain some nut ingredients, and even if not, have not been produced in a factory where cross contamination is likely.  Very frustrating.  Was wondering if anyone had some suggestions and thoughts on how to solve this issue?
Personal Trainer and Life Change Coach, get my book From A Blimp To A Racecar.  Check out my blog at From A Blimp To A Racecar.  Follow me on  Twitter

Offline Pieter Heydenrych

• Administrator
  • Life Change Coach
    • View Profile
    • Life Change - From A Blimp To A Racecar
Re: Protein Bars Safe for Peanut Allergies?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2017, 04:47:44 PM »
As it turns out I was reading through the label on a new protein isolate that I have just starting to take as part of my protein supplement regimen.  It turns out that even though it does not contain any nuts or related ingredients, it does have a warning which states that cross contamination is possible since it is produced in a factory that also processes these things.  The previous protein shake it turns out also had the same warning.

This is a real challenge.  I would be very excited for anyone that might be able to make some suggestions for this.

It seems that generally the fitness supplement industry does not care much about allergies.  Very frustrating.  Would love some suggestions.
Personal Trainer and Life Change Coach, get my book From A Blimp To A Racecar.  Check out my blog at From A Blimp To A Racecar.  Follow me on  Twitter