Author Topic: Yoga injuries - Messed up knees  (Read 120 times)

Offline Pieter Heydenrych

• Administrator
  • Life Change Coach
    • View Profile
    • Life Change - From A Blimp To A Racecar
Yoga injuries - Messed up knees
« on: May 26, 2017, 06:01:42 AM »
Surprisingly the injuries that I have had the most difficulty overcoming are Yoga injuries.  In particular a knee injury.  How?  By not paying attention to the instructions properly. 

Make no mistake, Yoga ( Bodyflow for me) is one of my favourite workouts.  Excellent stretch and a wonderful to keep your body moving.  Unfortunately because you are putting strain on joints, muscles and tendons that you are not likely accustomed to normally straining. 

My biggest injury was as a result of over extending my knees in a simple fold.  Instead of bending my knees forward (loosely) like the instructor said, I would not have had an injury. This meant that I injured my one knee fairly severely.  Got pretty bad and though it is on the mend, I am 6 months in after the injury and it is still not fully healed up.  It slows my training down, and simply annoys me. 

The point.  Do what the instructor says, even if you are not sure why.  Just do it.  Prevention is definitely better than cure.

Trust me.
Personal Trainer and Life Change Coach, get my book From A Blimp To A Racecar.  Check out my blog at From A Blimp To A Racecar.  Follow me on  Twitter